I feel like I have become Facebook advocate but I tell you I don’t have any romance with Facebook or any other media platforms. I am a marketer. So I need effective media where I can get relevant attention and handsome ROI. What tempted me to pimp the idea of Facebook ads to you has many reasons. Just have a look on its size and match it with any other media platform available in the world.
1. Worldwide, there are over 1.65 billion monthly active Facebook users, which is a 15 percent increase year over year. (Source: Facebook as of 4/27/16) What this means for you: In case you had any lingering doubts, statistically, Facebook is too big to ignore
2. 1.09 billion people log onto Facebook daily for March 2016, which represents a 16% increase year over year (Source: Facebook as 4/27/16) The Implication: A huge and vastly growing number of Facebook users are active and consistent in their visits to the site, making them a promising audience for your marketing efforts.
3. There are 1.51 billion mobile active users (MAU) for March 2016 (Source: Facebook as of 4/27/16) an increase of 21 percent year-over-year.
4. Five new profiles are created every second. (Source: ALLFacebook 2012) The Implication: Your potential audience on Facebook is growing exponentially.
5. Sixteen Million local business pages have been created as of May 2013 which is a 100 percent increase from 8 million in June 2012. (Source: Facebook). Facebook marketing has transformed how business is conducted, and its use by local businesses to extend their markets continues to explode.
Many digital marketing practitioners are fond of Google Adwords, Programmatic Advertising, Affiliates marketing, Email Automation but not using facebook ads. These platforms are brilliant and every smart digital marketer should use that but you should not leave away Facebook Advertisement from your mix. I have asked many to what they feel about Facebook Advertisement but rarely got an answer that it is a great platform to spend your advertisement budget. Currently, marketers are using it as a content distribution channel and not expecting much ROI from this platform. Some B2C company trying to brilliantly exploit Facebook organic reach through viral content but Facebook organic reach declining day by day. The main problem with viral marketing is to sustain the virality without distracting from the brand objective is really tough.
I am not against the other platforms but just wanting to say that consumer media habit is not stagnant they are changing constantly. Now I explain you five big reasons why you should invest in this platform.
1. Biggest and active platform: As I have shown the size of the Facebook in aforementioned data, there is no media platform available of this size. It is not only big it is very active too.
2. Rewarding: When you run paid advertisements and receive engagement from the user, the facebook algorithm rewards you with some organic reach and this reach is not limited to that post only it extends to some extent to next post also.
3. A wide range of targeting options: You will simply love the variety of targeting options and its managing platform especially power editor. It offers macro to micro-targeting option with complete data transparency eg: behavioral, demographic, location, radius, custom, device etc.
4. Mobile Friendly: Every data trend is showing that desktop traffic is declining and mobile traffic is spiking up. Here Facebook real competitiveness comes, no platform can match the mobile penetration and frequency of user visits.
5. Currently grossly underpriced: Google AdWords are going costly day by day with reducing CTR and Conversion. Google itself admit about the reduction in clicks. Where facebook has very less advertiser right now, so it is grossly under priced with better reach and less advertising clutter.
I admit to you that I love Google Adwords and receiving decent ROI from it but I see future in Facebook ads till the time everyone does not start doing it.
Go cash the early mover advantage. 🙂